We Address the Basic Needs of our Community
Participating in and providing opportunities to perform hands-on community service projects and activities, focused on those in need.
- Working with the Freestore Foodbank to prepare food for distribution to the needy.
- Upgrading and creating play areas for underprivileged children.
- Serving dinner to families staying at Ronald McDonald House.
We Prepare Today’s Youth for a Brighter Future
Helping to develop leadership, self-confidence, and a passion for volunteerism in today’s youth, at all age levels.
- Sponsoring youth to attend the Kiwanis Key Leader weekend leadership retreat.
- Working with elementary schools, including Rockdale Elementary and Horizon Academy to encourage better grades through programs such as “Bring Up Grades” (BUGS), a program which recognizes students who raise their grades from one grading period to the next, and “Terrific Kids”, a student recognition program that promotes character development, self-esteem and perseverance.
- Our club currently supports these Kiwanis sponsored clubs:
- Circle K International (CKI) is the world's largest collegiate service organization in the world. Our club sponsors the Circle K Club at the University of Cincinnati.
- K-Kids is the youngest and fastest growing Kiwanis service organization for elementary students worldwide. Our Cooking with K-Kids Club at Horizon Science Academy boasts 40 members, with a waiting list.
- Aktion Club is a Kiwanis community-service group for adults with disabilities. Our club volunteers with the Cincinnati Aktion Club each month at the Freestore Foodbank.
We Support the Mission of Kiwanis International
Contributing to the global Kiwanis mission: “Serving the children of the world”.
- Marshal local support and funding for The Eliminate Project, helping to eliminate maternal/neonatal tetanus (MNT), a disease that kills an estimated 60,000 newborns and 30,000 mothers each year.
- Service projects that align with Kiwanis International Young Children Priority One (YCPO), an ongoing community service program that addresses the needs of children up to 5 years of age.
We need your help!
These are busy and tough economic times, and it may not be possible to give as much as we’d like. But it’s even tougher for those in need in our community, especially the children of our community. Your time and/or donation will allow us to do even more to help alleviate poverty and hunger in the Cincinnati community, and build leadership, self-confidence, and a passion for volunteerism in today’s youth!
Please consider supporting our service goals by becoming a member and volunteering with us or by donating to the Cincinnati Kiwanis Foundation.
How can I become a member of the Kiwanis Club of Cincinnati?
How can I donate to the Cincinnati Kiwanis Foundation?